We understand that military families are under enormous strain. The Y proudly offers memberships and respite child care services to eligible military families and personnel to provide extra support during a time when loved ones are away from home. It’s our way of giving back to those who dedicate themselves to serving our country.
Military Outreach Initiative and Respite Child Care
Deployment can be a stressful and uncertain time for our nation’s servicemen and women and their families. In partnership with the Armed Services YMCA and the Department of Defense, the Y is proud to offer memberships and respite child care services to eligible military families and personnel to give them extra support during this difficult period. It’s our way of giving back to those who dedicate themselves to serving our country.
Who is eligible for membership?
Title 10 personnel are eligible for a Y membership, including:
- Family members of deployed National Guard and Reservists
- Active Duty Independent Duty personnel and their families
- Relocated spouse/dependent children of deployed Active Duty personnel*
- Wounded service members assigned to a Community Based Warrior in Transition Unit (CBWTU)
*Note: The Relocated Spouse category supports families/spouse who relocate away from an installation/duty station while the active duty service member is deployed. All of the following criteria must be met:
- The service member is on active duty.
- The service member is DEPLOYED for a minimum of six months (on deployment orders—NOT unaccompanied orders, NOT geographic bachelors).
- The spouse has relocated away from the military installation where the service member is assigned (most often, back home near family).
What do I need to do?
- Contact Military OneSource at www.militaryonesource.com or 800 342 9647 to confirm your eligibility and receive an eligibility form.
- Find a participating Y in your area using the search tool below.
- Fill out and bring your eligibility form, Military ID and any other required documentation (usually, your Deployment Orders or Military Service Headquarters approval letter) to a participating Y for verification. Please do not leave copies of these documents at the Y.