LEAD. GROW. SERVE.
TEENS MAKING A DIFFERENCE
Who: Teens in grades 6 to 10 grade
What: YMCA Leaders Club is a nation-wide, community service-based program that helps teens discover their full potential as leaders.
Leaders Club fosters a sense of achievement and belonging in teens by:
- Encouraging relationships that help teens grow into adults who are active, engaged and thriving members of the community.
- Engaging teens as decision makers and active participants in Y programs and projects.
When: Tuesday evenings | 6 to 7 p.m. | Jan. 15 to May 14 Pilot Program
Full school year program will begin in Oct. 2019
Where: Mitch Park YMCA | Midwest City YMCA | Rockwell Plaza YMCA
Why: Our goal is to challenge teens to lead those around them, grow in who they are and to serve their community.
Program objectives include:
- To encourage a life-long spirit of service and volunteerism,
- To foster personal growth and character development,
- To enhance leadership skill development,
- To help teens form positive relationships in a social club setting.
LEADERS CLUB MEETING ACTIVITY AND THEMES
- Personality Assessments
- Team Building Games
- Using Their Voice
- Physical Activity
- Goal Setting
- Public Speaking
- Volunteering Opportunities
- Social Nights
- Social Media Safety
- Bullying Prevention
- College Applications and Scholarships
- Healthy Eating and Activities
- Learning Style Assessments
- Emotional Maturity
- YMCA History and Mission
- How to Lead Others
- Introduction to Career Development
Cost: $90 for Y Members | $130 for Non-Members
Teens who participate in Leaders Club will have the opportunity to take part in Y Corps Service Trips, both in state and out-of-state. Learn more about Y Corps Service Trips.
WANT TO BE IN LEADERS CLUB?
Complete the registration form and youth application and give them to your chosen branch, then register online or at the branch.
Teen Completes the
or in the Branch
Send Reference Form