IDLE IRONMAN is a great way to get the experience of a triathlon in small manageable stages throughout an entire month.
Date: September 30 - October 31
Early registration: September 16 - September 29
Extended registration: September 30 - October 6
Cost: $20 - Members | $25 - Extended Registration*
Ages: 13 - 15** & 16-older
*Extended registration participants are not guaranteed a t-shirt.
**13-15 year old participants must pass or show proof that they have passed the Teen Strength Training course. Please see the front desk at your Y for more information.
1. The Idle Ironman Challenge covers the distance of an Ironman triathlon (2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike and 26.2 mile run) over 31 days.
2. Work with a Y wellness team member to create an individual completion plan.
3. Get involved in weekly group workouts led by Y staff and volunteers.
4. Half-Distance, Aquabike (Swim and Bike), Duathlon (Bike and Run) and Double Distance plans are also available.
5. Watch for weekly participant progress updates in the facility.
6. Receive an Idle Ironman t-shirt with paid registration.
PREPARE FOR THE 2019 INDOOR TRI
Date: November 9
Where: E.L. Gaylord Downtown YMCA
Registration: Begins October 21
Cost: $20 - Idle Ironman Finishers | $35 - Members | $45 - Non-members