IDLE IRONMAN is a great way to get the experience of a triathlon in small manageable stages throughout an entire month.
Date: March 1 - 31
Registration Begins: February 13
Extended Registration: March 1st - March 7th
Cost: $20 for Members *Extended Registration ($25 FEE)
Ages: 13-15 years** & 16-older
1. Earn a t-shirt upon completion.
2. The Idle Ironman Challenge covers the distance of an ironman triathlon (2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike, and 26.2 mile run) over 31 days.
3. Work with a Y wellness team member to create an individual completion plan.
4. Get involved in weekly group workouts led by staff and volunteers. Schedule and options vary by location.
5. Half-Distance, Aquabike (Swim and Bike), Duathlon (Bike and Run) and Double Distance plans are also available.
*Extended registration participants are not guaranteed a t-shirt. **13-15 yr. old participants must pass or show proof that they have passed the Teen Strength Training course. (Please see the front desk at your Y for more information.)