Outdoor Education at YMCA Camp Classen is the most unique program of its kind. It is both easily accessible from main highways and a reasonable distance for many schools in Oklahoma and Texas
Take your classroom outside and connect with your students to create memories to last a lifetime. Activities are hands-on and place-based, so students are not only learning key concepts, but relating it to very specific events of the real world.
Whether you call it environmental education, experiential education, outdoor education, hands-on learning, pace-based studies or just camp – our goals are the same.
- To help you promote the greatest retention of knowledge possible.
- For students to enjoy learning and become lifelong learners.
- To give students concrete examples that apply to the classroom learning.
- To promote sustainable responsible stewardship of the environment and to make environmental decision based on the big picture of our civilization.
- To help students value themselves, others and their environment.
Teacher Planning Resources
At YMCA Camp Classen, we provide our schools with many excellent facilities for different activities and programs you might have. Our cabins are air conditioned/heated so you and the kids stay comfortable during any weather condition.
- Large dining hall
- Collin’s Ranch with horseback riding options for 125 people per day
- Nature center with auditorium and labs
- Lodge with trading post, including concessions and gifts
- 26 cabins with 278 beds
- Teacher dorms or separate teacher cabins
- Two lakes
- Two large waterfalls and many smaller ones
- Athletic and game field
- Miles of guided nature trails
- Campfire area
- Waterfront for canoeing, fishing or enjoying beach volleyball
- Covered waterfront pavilion with picnic tables, restrooms, water fountains and carpetball games
- Archery and target sport options
- Gym with basketball and volleyball courts
Activities Led by Camp Staff
These activities and classes are offered for facilitation by YMCA Camp Classen’s Outdoor Education program staff. Specific schedules are customized for each school to meet the needs of the students and camp needs.
- Challenge Course
- Horseback rides
- Horse science and safety
- Night Hike
Outdoor Education Pricing
Full week – $175 per person
Includes 12 meals beginning with dinner on day of arrival and ending with a sack lunch on day of departure
Half week – $95 per person
Includes six meals beginning with dinner on day of arrival and ending with a sack lunch on day of departure
Trail Rides – $20 per person
Includes horse safety and science instruction
Financial assistance is available. Additionally, Camp Classen can create a package to accommodate most desired outcomes. Contact us for more information about pricing adjustments, 580 369 2272.