THE VERY FIRST EDITION: July 11
Hi, I’m Joe Kendrick and I am the new Executive Director of Christian Mission. I’m not a mind reader but I do know what you’re thinking. What does that mean, exactly? It means quite a few things but most of all, it means I am here to support you. I’m here to care about you. Google it and you’ll find that pastoral care is model of emotional, social and spiritual support that can be found in all cultures and traditions. Google isn’t wrong but watch my video to learn more about my role.
I can’t wait to get to know each of you. I believe in being a good neighbor. The best value someone can offer is to treat somebody how you want to be treated. That is my hope and my goal. I am going to treat you the way that you were meant to be treated. That is with respect, love, dignity. You are an important person and you have value. I am here to help you however I can. To help you live out a meaningful story in your life.
5 THINGS PASTORAL CARE IS….
- A time to reflect on any issues you may be dealing with and need a friendly ear to listen without judgement and in confidence.
- Checking in on your mental health and spiritual health
- Opportunity for coaching through any goals or directions.
- Someone dedicated to helping you and your family through life transitions such as hospitalization, deaths, births, career change, and even weddings. P.S. I love weddings!
- Providing encouragement and support.
5 THINGS PASTORAL CARE IS NOT….
- Pushing a set belief system on you.
- Turning meetings into a 60-minute lecture or sermon
- About me.