The YMCA of Greater Oklahoma City knows how important healthy meals and snacks are, so we’ve lined up some of our favorite recipes to share all throughout National Nutrition Month!
This week, we’ve got a delicious snack coming from the Joplin Family YMCA.
Banana Cream Smoothie
- 6 ice cubes
- 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 banana (sliced and frozen, if possible)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon, ground
- 1 tsp. flaxseeds, ground
- 1 tbsp. nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 tbsp. whole grain graham cracker crumbs (about 2 squares)
- Combine first seven ingredients in a blender and mix at high speed for one minute.
- Stir in whole grain graham cracker crumbs and serve in cup with a straw.\
Check back next week for another recipe!