Y-CORPS : Teen Days
We are thrilled to over a new Socially Safe option for your teen this summer! During Y-Corps Trips we typically travel to a different state to have an experience with kids involving cultural immersion, service learning, and leadership development. However, this summer we are altering our traditional programming to put a Socially Safe program in place…
Drum Roll, please…
Y Corps Teen Days! We have planned various outside program days to allow your teen the change to socialize with friends, experience different parts of the Oklahoma landscape, all while serving others. Here are the ways we are planning to run these days in order to keep your teen safe:
- Students will be dropped off and picked at the various program location
- Temperatures will be checked upon arrival to the program
- Medical Questionnaire will be completed prior to coming – see attached example (COVID-19 Health Survey)
- Program Activities will be mainly outside (Staff will wear a mask when or if the event is inside)
- Students and adults will remain 6 feet apart during the program
We plan on holding Y-Corps Teen Days throughout June and July. Here are the upcoming events:
- June 10th – Art in the Park! – Scissor Tail Park for a picnic lunch, art project and Frisbee! (Cost: $10)
We will gather from 10:30am – 1:30pm at Scissor Tail Park in Downtown, OKC. We will bring the supplies for the students to paint a mosaic (one for themselves, and one for a local senior center). We will order pizza for students or they are welcome to bring their own picnic lunch! The students will hear about how the arts affect their community.
- June 17th – OKC Zoo (Cost: $10)
Zoo field trips are fun at any age, so please join us for a day at the zoo to learn about the history, conservation, and community outreach, while meeting some pretty cute animals around the zoo! We will meet at the zoo at 9:00am – conclude at 1pm. Bring your own sack lunch or money for lunch.
- June 24th – Riversport Adventure and Service Project (Cost: $25)
10:00am – 3:00pm
Students will participate in a service project by doing a River Clean-up to help keep OKC Beautiful! Then the students will have an adventure pass which will allow them to free play at the Sky Trail, Youth Zone, Slides, Kayaks and Stand-Up Paddleboards. Make sure to pack a lunch!
REGISTER HERE! You can choose to register for one or all, click HERE – https://form.jotform.com/201523702270038
Once you have registered, we will send a link for payment.
We have some different waivers for you to sign on the Registration Link. The Teen Leadership Youth Transportation Permission Form can be used for the rest of 2020, so please feel it out for all of your transportation needs. For these trips we will not be taking students on a Y Bus, but when it is safe to do so, we will. If students drive themselves, they will not be allowed to leave the event before the posted conclusion of the event, if this is a problem, we will just need an email stating they can leave at a certain time.