YMCA Champions Tennis
Play It Forward Tennis Foundation is excited to partner with the EDMOND YMCA to provide the opportunity for adaptive athletes to experience the many benefits tennis has to offer.
- Tennis is fun!
- Tennis is good exercise and improves flexibility, cardiovascular fitness, strength and weight control.
- Tennis helps develop hand eye coordination and body control
- Tennis is a good avenue for social interaction and team building.
- Tennis enhances self-confidence.
- Tennis helps work on concentration and problem solving
This 8 week program will utilize modified equipment and courts so that every athlete will feel success. The program will use a variety of drills and games to teach the basics of tennis which includes: proper stroke technique, footwork, athletic skills, focus, and social skills. The final week of the program will introduce some competition with a team challenge to celebrate all the athletes have learned during their time in the program.
Edmond (Mitch Park and Rankin) Ages 4-17
Edmond (Mitch Park and Rankin) Ages 18-99