Norris Williams, Edmond YMCA Sports Director; [email protected]
Ellen Mack, Edmond YMCA Sports Coordinator; [email protected]
Andre Bogee, Edmond YMCA Sports Coordinator; [email protected]
All players will be required to have the official YMCA Thunder Basketball League jersey. The jersey is available for purchase ($20) at the front desk of your local YMCA or the online store http://www.quickscores.com/ymcaokc.
- Coaches Meeting will take place on Tuesday, November 8th, 2022 at 6:00pm at a TBD location.
- Online Parents Orientation is video available on quickscores.com/ymcaokc
- If you have not heard from a coach by 3pm on November 15th, please contact the Edmond YMCA Sports Department.
- Teams will be allotted one practice per week by the YMCA. Practice Days and Times will be selected via the Head Coach via practice lottery. Any additional practices will be the responsibility of the team, at a non-YMCA mandated practice site/location.
- Practices may begin as early as November 17th, 2022.
- Games will start as early as December 2, 2022 (Games are played on Friday Nights, Saturday & potentially Sunday afternoons). Sunday afternoon games may take place due to facility availability at certain locations. Travel to other YOKC locations’ may be required due to registration numbers.
- Game Schedules will be released at least one week prior to the start of games on quickscores.com/ymcaokc
- Developmental League will play 8 game regular season games. Spirit League will play 8 regular season games plus a single elimination tournament at the end of the season.
- Season will end by February 19th, 2023
The Developmental League is the standard YMCA League with an emphasis on the development and understanding of the game of basketball. Officials will be more lenient and assist in helping the child learn. The season consists of eight games. The Developmental League is open to children ages 4-16. For ages 5 & up, the league is gender specific. Age groups may be combined, depending on registration. Practices will take place at multiple locations throughout the local YMCA area. Game days will vary by branch.
The Spirit League has been developed to provide a place for players and teams with advanced skills to play at the YMCA against competition of the same development. This league will be closely officiated by certified referees. We will continue to hold everyone who participates to the highest character standards as outlined in the Players Pledge, Coaches Creed and Parents Code of Conduct. The season consists of eight games and a single elimination end of season tournament. The Spirit League is open for children ages 7-12. This league is gender specific. Age groups may be combined, depending on registration. If we’re unable to place a child on a Spirit League Team, they will be added to a Developmental League team and you will be notified of that occurrence before a move is made. Game days will vary by branch.
Age Cut Off, Gender Specific Leagues and Divisions
YMCA sports leagues are divided by the age of the participants. A valid birth certificate may be required for tournament play. The age cut off is how old the child was on August 31, 2022. For ages 5 & above, divisions will be gender specific if numbers allow. Below is a list of available divisions for the Winter League.
The YMCA uses volunteer coaches to provide leadership to the community through structured athletic activities. If you are interested in coaching, please contact the Sports Department for more information.
To put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.
It is the policy of the YMCA of Greater Oklahoma City that no person be denied membership or program participation due to the inability to pay. Funds for financial assistance are provided through the United Way and the YMCA’s Annual Support Campaign.