Janice Foust, Earlywine Park YMCA Sports Director; Blake Tasos, Earlywine Park YMCA Sports Coordinator
All players will be required to have the official YMCA Thunder Basketball League jersey. The jersey is available for purchase ($20) at the front desk of your local YMCA or the online store http://www.quickscores.com/ymcaokc. Fan gear and player equipment are also available online.
- Coaches Meeting (For individuals planning on coaching) will take place on Tuesday, November 9 2021. More information in regards to the Coaches Meeting will be sent out at the beginning of November.
- Online Parents Orientation is video available on quickscores.com/ymcaokc
- If you have not heard from a coach by November 16th, please contact Janice Foust at [email protected]
- Practices will start as early as November 18th (one practice per week). Each team will have their own individual practice day and time.
- Games will start as early as December 3rd. (Games played on Friday’s & Saturdays). Game Schedules will be released at least one week prior to the start of games on quickscores.com/ymcaokc
- Developmental League will play 8 regular season games. Spirit League will play 8 regular season games plus a double elimination tournament at the end of the season.
- Season will end by February 20th, 2022.
The Developmental League is the standard YMCA League with an emphasis on the development and understanding of the game of basketball. Officials will be more lenient and assist in helping the child learn. The season consists of eight games. The Developmental League is open to children ages 4-16. For ages 5 & up, the league is gender specific. Age groups may be combined, depending on registration. Practices will take place at multiple locations throughout the local YMCA area. Games will be played on Friday’s & Saturday’s.
The Spirit League has been developed to provide a place for players and teams with advanced skills to play at the YMCA against competition of the same development. This league will be closely officiated by certified referees. We will continue to hold everyone whom participates to the highest character standards as outlined in the Players Pledge, Coaches Creed and Parents Code of Conduct. The season consists of eight games and a double elimination end of season tournament The Spirit League is open for children ages 7-12. This league is gender specific. Age groups may be combined, depending on registration. If unable to place a child on a Spirit League Team, they will be added to a Developmental League Team. Games will be played on Friday’s & Saturday’s.
Age Cut Off, Gender Specific Leagues and Divisions
YMCA sports leagues are divided by the age of the participants. A valid birth certificate may be required for tournament play. The age cut off is how old the child was on August 31, 2021. For ages 5 & above, divisions will be gender specific if numbers allow. Below is a list of available divisions for the Winter League.
The YMCA uses volunteer coaches to provide leadership to the community through structured athletic activities. If you are interested in coaching, please contact the Sports Department for more information.
To put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.
It is the policy of the YMCA of Greater Oklahoma City that no person be denied membership or program participation due to the inability to pay. Funds for financial assistance are provided through the United Way and the YMCA’s Annual Support Campaign.
Household Members: Free
Youth Members: $65
Spirit League additional $30
Additional $20 during late registration