As we reopen our facilities, we are keeping our members’ and staff’s health and safety at the forefront. Therefore, we’ve made adjustments within our facility and to our guidelines for use. While we were mandated to close quickly, we are reopening slowly and in phases. Learn more about our cleaning and safety guidelines below.
What to Expect
The information below is subject to change at anytime as new information and resources become available.
- All staff, members and visitors to our facilities will be required to have their temperature taken upon entering the building.
- All members and participants are required to sign a waiver prior to using the facility, one time only.
- No Contact Check-in
- On your first visit back, stop at the front desk to set-up your digital membership card that can be downloaded to your phone and scanned for future visits.
- Check-ins can also be done verbally. No keypads will be available.
- Y staff will be wearing face masks/coverings, but know we are smiling from ear to ear because we are happy to see you.
- Members and participants are highly encouraged to wear face masks/coverings as well when not working out.
- Face coverings will be available at the front desk for $1per mask and limited to one per day.
- Social distancing, minimum of six feet, is required.
- Safety Breaks throughout the day to allow for total area disinfection.
- High touch areas will be disinfected regularly throughout the day, with no less than one cleaning per hour.
- Limited number of participants in the fitness area at one time.
- Some equipment will not be available to allow for social distancing and disinfecting procedures.
- Participants must disinfect equipment before and after use.
- Participants must wash hands before and after working out.
- Y staff will be stationed throughout the facility to assist with disinfecting equipment and to answer questions regarding new guidelines.
- Group Exercise classes will be limited based on size of studios, to allow for at least six feet between participants, and available at all locations beginning May 18.
- The pool is restricted to lap swim, with one swimmer per lane, group exercise classes with a six-foot radius between participants and water walking.
- Basketball gyms are limited to two persons per goal for open shoot around only.
- Racquetball courts are limited to one-on-one.
- SilverSneakers classes are not available at this time.
- Indoor running tracks are open but require social distancing.
- Hot tub access is not available at this time
- Child Watch will be available beginning May 18 with limited capacity and restrictions.
- Water fountains are not available, however no-touch water bottle fill stations are available. Please bring your own water bottle.
- Towels will be available however participants are encouraged to bring their own towel.
- Locker rooms will be available and will be disinfected on an hourly basis.
- Members using the locker room showers will be required to disinfect after use with provided disinfectant.
- Participants are asked to stay in designated areas. Children in our Emergency Childcare program are in the facility and require separated space.
- Youth 12-15 years of age will be permitted in facilities beginning May 18. All participants will be required to have a parent or guardian, over age 18, sign a waiver and be present with the minor at all times.
Please note, some areas and activities will not be available at all locations. Please visit your local branch webpage for branch specific restrictions.
To ensure members’ health and safety, as well as enjoyment of our facilities, we will continue to review and update these guidelines regularly to remain in line with federal, state and local guidelines.